With the introduction of public gathering limitations on 29th March, the National Cabinet agreed to further limit most indoor and outdoor non-essential gathering to 2 people as an addition to the rules on essential gatherings to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
As advised, we are to stay home unless we are:
- Going to work or education (if unable to do so at home)
- Shopping for essential supplies such as groceries
- Going out for personal exercise
- Attending medical appointments or compassionate visits
A week prior, the following facilities were restricted from opening:
- Pubs, registered and licensed clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues), hotels (excluding accommodation)
- Gyms and indoor sporting venues
- Cinemas, entertainment venues, casinos and night clubs
- Restaurants and cafes will be restricted to takeaway and/or home delivery
If you live in a Scheme with a gym or a pool, there is currently no law in NSW which requires an Owners Corporation to close these facilities. However, there are still restrictions on gatherings of more than 2 people, and further to that, it is a decision for each Owners Corporation to make and the measures it will take to prevent the spread of COVID-19.